Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Here we go.....

So on Nov 30th I have used this as a example. Today at noon somewhere on this planet it became reality. Some person working with a cupteam or close to one, has thought it might be a great ideal to flash a picture of a Wing being tested in a windtunnel with his Blackberry 8900, and send it to a mate, that then posted it onto the biggest sailing website known.

Follow the link here: http://forums.sailinganarchy.com/index.php?showtopic=113739&view=findpost&p=3189820

I am purposely not posting the picture because I don't think this is right. It should be a slap into the face of the designers, the team, the poor guy pouring money into this team.
Over the last two month I have had contact with some teams about the issue of Intellectual Property and none of them think it is a problem, and nothing will happen they said.

Maybe I am just paranoid, but if this would be my team, I'd be pretty pissed off right now.

I might think someone is getting fired, sued in the next 24h.

Maybe at some point these teams will realize that IT and Security is a vital part in the Americas Cup !

/dev/null/

logout:>

update: apparently this picture is claimed by someone from that took it from at the university of Southampton.  Nothing to do with a competitor. Cover up or reality? I hope for the 2nd one. Here again.. some missing pieces.

No comments:

Post a Comment